Battle of Wind Turbines at Wind Energy Denmark
WIND ENERGY DENMARK – the Danish Wind Industry’s Annual Event is the one Danish wind event that brings together the entire wind industry and research community under one roof for a two-day conference and exhibition. In this unique setup, industry meets research, onshore meets offshore even across borders. The event takes place from 26-27 October 2016 at DOK5000 in Odense.
In a particularly exciting session called Battle of Wind Turbines, our colleague Jesper Hansen will be talking about drive train options and review superconductivity projects in the wind industry. Of course, he will be providing an update on EcoSwing, as well. This is the entire session:
- 14:00-14:15 Asger B. Abrahamsen, Senior Research Scientist, DTU Wind Energy: New direct drive technologies of the INNWIND.EU project: Superconducting vs pseudo direct drive
- 14:15-14:30 Jesper Hansen, Coordinator of EcoSwing consortium, Envision Energy (Denmark): Superconducting direct drive development of the EcoSwing project. Download Jesper's presentation here .
- 14:30-14:45 Hans-Joergen Thougaard, Magnet Specialist, Siemens Wind Power (Denmark): Characterization of hard magnetic materials in direct drive wind turbines
- 14:45-15:00 Anders Bach Andersen, Senior Product Manager, MHI Vestas Offshore: Selecting the optimum solution for drivetrains, seen from a wind turbine owner's perspective
- 15:00-15:15 Discussion Drive Train mix in 2030?
Access the conference website: WIND ENERGY DENMARK - Annual Event 2016.