MISSION ACCOMPLISHED—First Superconductive Generator Successfully Operated on Turbine
EcoSwing has now ended on schedule. On one hand we are quite sad to finish this inspiring project, on the other hand we are proud to announce a number of groundbreaking successes. Just in short:
- EcoSwing generator and power converter reached target range +3 MW
- More than 650 h of grid operation producing power
- Automated unattended operation enabled
- More than 7 months of stable and reliable cryogenic system operation
- Superconducting rotor coils showed great performance and reliability
- According to schedule EcoSwing has been switched-off for decommissioning on 25.4.2019
- Compressors and cold heads have been switched-off for warming-up.
We are currently preparing technical articles which you will be able to access from this news section. Also you are certainly wondering what the next step after a successful EcoSwing might be. Stay tuned for more!
PS: The picture on top gives a glimpse under the hood of EcoSwing. It shows inspection of the cooling equipment for the superconductive rotor.